Friends, please come join the fun at a Post Canyon Work party – to open a section of new single track trail called 'Mobius Strip'
|Douglas Van Zandt will be leading the charge!|
- When: Saturday June 18th (6/18/2011)
- Time: 9 am till you need to leave or the trail section gets finished. Lunch and refreshments will show up at 1 pm.
- Where to meet: Post Flats staging area – 2.25-miles up dirt section of Post Canyon Road
- Qualifications: able to operate a rake and ooze enthusiasm :)
- Who should come and help? Hikers, Trail Runners, Mt. Bikers who like to climb and enjoy recreating on single track trail
- What to wear: Gloves, work cloths including long pants, and safety glasses, sun screen if you need it.
- What tools should you bring: Rakes, McLeods, Pitch forks – long or short handles (yes pitch forks), flat shovels
- Please bring your own water and snacks
- Goal of work party – to create a section of a new single track trail called Mobius Strip. When the entire trail ~1.8-mile long trail is completed it will climb from 7-Streams trail up to where Spaghetti Factory crosses Post Canyon Rd.
- What is the trail designed to be? A climbing trail for bikers, hikers and trail runners. It is a bi-directional trail that is twisty and turny with lots of ups and downs – there is descending in the uphill direction and climbing in the downhill direction. It meanders through many different ecosystems and is situated almost entirely in an mature stand of trees.
We look forward to seeing you there.
For more information contact:
Douglas Van Zandt
(541) 490 - 9572